Day 38 – Our Redeemer Lives
He bent over and looked in at the strips of linen lying there but did not go in. Then Simon Peter, who was behind him, arrived and went into the tomb. He saw the strips of linen lying there, as well as the burial cloth that had been around Jesus’ head. The cloth was folded up by itself, separate from the linen. Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside. He saw and believed. (They still did not understand from Scripture that Jesus had to rise from the dead) (John 20:5-9).
They looked inside the tomb where their master had been laid to rest, but no body could be found.They found only the remnants of His burial linens and the handkerchief that had covered His face. Interestingly, it was carefully folded. But there was not a trace of Jesus.
- Where would someone hide the body? Was this a hoax?
- Why would someone remove the body from the burial linens?
- Why do you think the disciples did not recall Jesus’ words that He would rise from the dead?
I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death
God is not afraid of death. In fact, the realm of Heaven has been prepared for our death. The Holy Spirit challenges our whole idea of beginnings and endings. With God, the whole purpose of the boundaries of life and death requires a new vision into the spiritual dimension. There is a place we call Heaven, and it is the place where we will spend our eternity because death was conquered by Jesus on the cross. Rejoice!
- Do you enjoy reading about death being conquered?
- Why would God need to ransom somebody?
- Do you think this talk about death is exaggerated?